Established in April 2004 by Scott McKeown redIT has always had shared web hosting at its heart.
Over the course redIT have expanded from just one single IBM eServer to now having equipment in three data centers in Hampshire, England.
Below are a few our our key dates in our history:
- April 2004 - redIT Founded using reseller hosting accounts.
- May 2007 - Moved web hosting and eMail services to our own IBM eServer 330 servers.
- December 2010 - Opened our second data center location.
- June 2011 - Certified Value Added Reseller.
- September 2012 - Joined the ZyXEL Partner Program.
- February 2013 - Certified Yealink Reseller.
- December 2014 - Approved as an AlphaSSL Reseller.
- February 2015 - Changed our hosting platform software.
- March 2015 - Took a data center foot-print in our third location.
- July 2015 - Started offering Dedicated Servers.
- September 2015 - Approved as a GlobalSign Partner.
- September 2015 - Changed our billing platform software.
- April 2016 - Started selling Virtual Private Servers.
- August 2016 - Started accepting BitCoin.
- March 2017 - Joined Nominet.
- March 2017 - Joined CentralNic.
- September 2017 - Approved as a Sangoma Technologies partner.
- January 2018 - Started sponsoring WordPress Pompey.
- February 2018 - Wrote our first ever blog.
- February 2019 - Awarded Great Uptime Award from HostAdvice